Himalayan Backtrails Overlanding Expedition
Time & Location
About the Event
Drive through the Himalayan narrow backtrails. Routes are still intact and nature at its best. Mountain mountains and more mountains. If mountains aren’t your thing, this road trip probably isn’t the one for you. And if they are? You’re in for a treat. I lost count of the number of times during this trip that I was left physically unable to voice any words.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate team, and the magic of camping under the great Northern sky, Overlanding-style.
- Immerse yourself in a world most people can only imagine, with its cattle stations and Mountain communities.
- This is a true Overlanding trip, and the journey is a big part of the experience. On some days of the trip, you will spend several hours driving, often through very sparse areas of the Himalayas.
- This trip requires a decent level of agility and stamina, as it involves a lot of driving, allowing you to get among nature. The Drive is particularly a bit challenging due to gravel roads and harsh conditions.
- We try and ensure to get the best of the facilities for our guests still, we recommend carrying a sleeping bag with a -15 rating & a camping tent. It comes in handy at times of natural calamity etc.
- If you feel you are an amateur driver for these conditions, relax we all have learned and we shall be by your side at all times.
- Winters are early this year so we would recommend carrying proper winter clothing with multiple layers.
26th November:- Welcome and briefing in Shoghi (Park Woods Shoghi).
27th November:- Shoghi to Jibhi Via Jalori pass( tonight we camp and enjoy nature in its raw form )
28th November:- Jibhi to Ghusani ( tonight we camp again but after descending from the pass due to altitude reasons)
29th November:- Jibhi to Janjheli( last camping night, we will explore loads en route )
30th November:- Janjheli to Shogi ( we drive via different route back trails to explore more what nature has to offer )
We have a small convoy starting from Delhi on the 26th Morning. In case you traveling from any part of the country & transit via Delhi you may join us, will be a pleasure driving along.
All camping nights we shall provide you with separate tents and sleeping bags ( cleaned & sanitized ), However Post Covid we suggest all our participants try & get their own tent & sleeping bag ( not mandatory ).
Expedition Price:- 21,500/- Per Person
All 5 Days Accommodation.
All Meals in the entire expedition.
Medical & Mechanical Backup.
Wireless Communication in all vehicles.
Try your driving & culinary skills.
Enjoy Bonfire & barbeque in the woods.
Fuel, Local taxes & Toll.
Vehicle cost if hired.
Vehicle mechanical damage cost.
If you are on any sort of regular medication, please feel free to inform us in advance. Ensure to carry your regular medication dosage.
Temperatures (28th Feb to 5th March)
Srinagar 0 to -5 degrees (Snow and rain Forecast) 28th Feb to 4th March
Gulmarg -6 to -1 (Snow forecast) on 28th and 1st March
4x4 vehicles Preferred & You need to carry a pair of snow chains.
Those suffering from any serious medical conditions such as weak heart, epilepsy, back / spinal problems (such as slip disc) & expecting mothers are not allowed. Medical attention may not be readily available
The expedition may involve long hours of driving, sometimes in extreme conditions and unforeseen circumstances. Be prepared to face the unexpected.
Pre-paid phones don't work in J&K. the Only post paid.
Travel on Jammu, Srinagar Highway is subject to clearance of traffic.
For any further queries, feel free to call us on +91-7877970931.