Ladakh Road Trip 08th - 17th May
Time & Location
About the Event
If you are a road trip lover and Ladakh by road is on your mind, here is your chance to explore and see the entire Ladakh region. Routes and nature at their best. Mountain mountains and more mountains. If mountains aren’t your thing, this road trip probably isn’t the one for you. And if they are? You’re in for a treat. We lost count of the number of times during this trip that we were left physically unable to voice any words.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate team, and the magic of stars in the great Ladakh region, Overlanding-style.
- Immerse yourself in a world most people can only imagine, with its rich culture and Mountain communities.
- This is a true Overlanding trip, and the journey is a big part of the experience. On some days of the trip, you will spend several hours driving, often through very sparse areas of the Ladakh, Nubra, and Changtang.
- This trip requires a decent level of agility and stamina, as it involves a lot of driving, allowing you to get among nature. The Drive is particularly a bit challenging due to gravel roads and harsh high altitude conditions.
- We try and ensure to get the best of the facilities for our guests still, we recommend carrying a sleeping bag or a quilt. It comes in handy at times of natural calamity etc.
- If you feel you are an amateur driver for these conditions, relax we all have learned and we shall be by your side at all times.
- We would recommend carrying proper winter clothing with multiple layers as shared in the checklist.
- If you are on any sort of regular medication, please feel free to inform us in advance. Ensure to carry your regular medication dosage.
Nubra & Tsomorini +6 to -3 degrees. Since it's Mid-may, try to carry a pair of rainproof overalls due to unpredicted rain in the mountains.
Those suffering from any serious medical conditions such as weak heart, epilepsy, back / spinal problems (such as slip disc) are suggested to carry their regular medication and need to declare the details in advance.
The expedition may involve long hours of driving, sometimes in extreme conditions and unforeseen circumstances.
Travel in mountains is subject to clearance of traffic & route in case of any natural calamity.
Enroute Destination :- Manali – Tandi – Keylong – Jispa – Darcha - Sumdo – Patseo – Zingzing Bar – Suraj Tal -Baralacha La – Sarchu – Gata Loops – Sarchu - Nakeela La – Lachulung La – Pang – Debring – Tanglang La – Rumste – Upshi – Karu – Leh - Khardung La - Dikshit - Hunder - Nubra Valley - Turtuk - Hunder - Durbok - Shyok River - Pangong lake - Changla Pass - Leh - Chumathang - Tso-morini - Jispa - Manali.
- All 10 days stay on twin sharing basis.
- All 3 Meals for the entire expedition.
- Lead & Sweep vehicle
- Media team to capture memories and expedition content ( feel free to bother them to click as many pictures of you and your ride.)
- Medical backup
- Mechanical backup
- A local team member from the Ladakh region to help you explore the uncharted on maps.
- Wireless Radio sets in all cars for network-free communication.
- Convoy will have a gsm booster for better GSM network coverage wherever available.
- All permission & ILP ( inner line permit )
- Your vehicle / hired vehicle cost.
- Fuel & local toll tax
- Alcohol beverages
- Any cost to repair a major vehicle breakdown / Towaway charges.